I'm struggling with formulating some original thoughts regarding AI and, to be honest, I've got nothing.
And the title of "Recap" is a misnomer, and has been since the beginning. I should call it random reviews.
So, I'm taking the lazy way out and moving forward with a bulleted list.
Actually, there will be no bullets. The only "bullets" I own are those in a stick shape made of glue that melts. More accurately, this list is numbered.
1) I was sorry that I didn't recognize more of the songs from last night. I'm sure they were well-sung, but I wouldn't know because I was familiar with only 1/2 of them: Daughters, Come to My Window (of which I'm not a fan), and Hallelujah.
2) Crystal is the most consistent contestant, but she's not the most watchable.
3) Casey is the most watchable, but probably the least consistent.
4) Regardless of #2 and #3, I like Lee the best. And I have the text votes to prove it.
5) When did the AI text voting police start monitoring phone numbers for time zones? I got a text last night at 10:00 CST informing me "Voting is currently closed for your time zone." WHAT?!?! In all fairness, I suppose my 2 hours was up, but when did the Powers That Be start caring? Because, that message? Never saw it before and my text voting practices have not varied.
6) How beautiful was Lee's performance of "Hallelujah"? I was surprised that I liked it as well as I did because Jason Castro's performance is one of my favorite AI performances of all time. I didn't think Lee could top it.
You know what? I'd love to see Casey and Lee as the Top 2. But I'm pretty sure it will be Crystal and Lee. I hate to see Casey go, but someone has to, right?