Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer is going to kill me

Please remind me tomorrow, when I wake up and can't move a muscle to get out of bed, that the cause of my temporary disability is due to all the "fun" that was had at the water park today.

The children had FUN. I had "fun," mainly because there were 68 stairs up to the platform that housed the starting point of the 2 water slides. And because we climbed up that set of stairs approximately 184 times, only to be deposited right back down where we started.

My math skills may be rusty, but my mental calculations tell me that 68 x 184 = 2,476,423 steps (when you take into consideration that the amount of effort it took to climb those steps increased exponentially with each subsequent trip).

My quads say that number feels just about right.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I would be able to get out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Sounds like when we went to the Great Wolf Lodge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe!! Yes, it sounds like SO much fun to do all those stairs! :) Amazing how fun can turn into a workout when we least expect it.

    On the other hand though, I'd love to get to a water park before the summer was over... hmmm... must ask Hubbie about making plans! :)

    Take care! and umm.... take the elevator as much as you want today. :)
    Dee

    ReplyDelete

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!