Friday, April 25, 2008

Great Fun!

Today was a such a fun day! Jason and I were both off so we went to lunch and to see the matinee of Baby Mama- let me tell you, it was HI-larious! I teared up a couple of times, too. By my (lack of) standards, if a movie makes you laugh and makes you cry, it's probably a pretty good one! But this review is from someone who isn't a huge fan of No Country for Old Men (Yes, I know it was a book first, and I haven't read it) because it had a ton of deeper metaphorical meaning and I'll confess- that isn't why I watch movies. If I want metaphors, I'll read Animal Farm.

Since we didn't go to the boys' school's open house on Tuesday, they (Micah more than Cade) were very disappointed. In fact, Micah, ever the creative problem solver, suggested that we take him to open house, drop him off and then come back and get him when it ended. While it was an interesting idea, we had to break the news to him that it really wasn't plausible. He cried. To ease the disappointment a bit, we promised them a special treat later in the week. So after we picked them up today, we took them bowling. They were so excited I thought they might pee in their pants. They may have, actually... Even if you added up all 4 of our scores, you still wouldn't get a perfect bowling score. None of us broke 100. I actually came in 3rd, after Jason and Micah, respectively. To be fair, though, I would have scored higher than Micah if I'd had the bumpers like he did. HA!

After bowling, we went to eat Mexican food. By the time we got home, the children were on fun overload (read: cranky), so it was to bed with them. Jason rented us another movie- Sweeney Todd- that was the most disturbing thing I've seen in awhile, which is the reason I'm still up blogging at almost midnight. I'm watching Friends re-runs and trying to replace all the ST images with happier ones before I fall asleep. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!