Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cade

I love my children. They're so different, all of them. I think it was Chuck Swindoll who said he never knew that all 3 of his children could be exact opposites. But it's true. Of the 3 of them, it's Cade, our middle child, who truly marches to the beat of a different drum. In fact, I think he defines the phrase in it's purest form. He is in his own world. In outer space.


As precious and adorable as I truly think Cade is, he has a very annoying photographic quality. That is to say, I can't get a single decent picture of him, ever. Neither can any professional photographer, including our friend Kenny, who is the single best wedding photographer I've ever seen. And an amazing photographer and artist in general. And Kenny's not sponsoring my blog or giving me any incentives, monetary or otherwise, to say that. As a matter of fact, I doubt he even knows I have a blog. He's just THAT GOOD that I had to give him a little free advertising. But maybe if he finds out he'll give me some free photography lessons or something. Lord knows, I need them!

Cade has huge blue eyes- HUGE, people. And great hair. And a button nose that all 3 of my children share. But Cade's annoying photographic quality is that, for every picture I take, he tilts his head up at a strange angle causing his nostrils to appear larger than the average person's and allowing the viewer to see straight up his nasal passages into his brain practically.



See what I mean? OK, I'll admit, I wasn't at the prime picture-taking angle for this one, but there's even more proof...

See here?


And here? Still need proof??

Here.


I swear on a stack of hymnals that I didn't pull out the less-than-stellar photos just to make a statement. These were the ONLY ONES I HAD! All with the strange up-Cade's-nose angle.

And the most recent picture I took of him?


I told him to smile and he jumped instead. Gah! (In my best Napolean Dynamite)

It's hopeless. But I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!