Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Apologies...

I've been severely neglectful of my blog lately. Now that summer has hit, I thought my life would be more relaxing. Like how I use the word "more" as if it's an indication that the school year was only slightly relaxing? Sure.

But it came to me that I kind of left my blog in a bad spot. I'm not sure if I should have left my blog alone for so many days with just the "tail end" hanging out there (sick pun fully intended. I'm loopy tired tonight.). It was not a happy place, so let's try to bury the past, shall we? Tonight I'm making restitution.
Awhile back I promised to post some pictures taken with my fabulous new camera. Too bad I'm not a fabulous photographer, but this digital wonder makes even pictures taken on "autofocus" look amazing. At least compared to what I'm used to looking at. So I thought I'd post some of my favorites taken lately.

*A disclaimer- the amount of these pictures focused on 1 subject compared to the other subjects I have at my disposal is not a direct (or indirect) indication of the amount of love I feel towards any particular subject. It's only an indication of the decent pictures I have for posting. Thank you.*
Notice the lack of hairbow on one pigtail. It's part of her hilarious ride-in-the-car routine: Destroy my pigtails, tear up the hairbows until they're rendered unrecognizeable and useless, take off shoes and throw them into a spot that causes mommy or daddy to have to turn the van upside down before they can locate them again (extra points are awarded for tossing them under the seat), proceed to squeal until all riding in the van and those stopped next to us at red lights are functionally deaf OR blow raspberries until the front of my shirt is soaking wet and requires a change of clothes that mommy probably left at home. Good times. Seriously, who can resist that smile?

This picture is a little bright (thanks, autofocus!). But it was too cute to keep to myself. Note the wipey in her left hand. Are you singing "Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly..." in your head? Before you call CPS, you must know that no, we are not forcing our 19 month old to clean the floors on her hands and knees with wipies. Wipies happen to be her #1 favorite thing in the world, besides her daddy. Maybe she's practicing Upward Facing Dog in order to become the World's Youngest Yogi. I have been doing some yoga lately. More on that scintillating topic later!

This picture is probably going to go down in history as one of my "Most Favorite Pictures Ever." I'm not sure how my mother-in-law, who is standing behind Missy, feels about having her bare legs making a cameo in this picture that is not only getting pasted on the World Wide Web, but is also going to become one of my "Most Favorite Pictures Ever," which means it will get it printed and reprinted and framed probably. I'm just saying I don't want MY legs appearing anywhere on the internet, so I can only imagine my mother-in-law must concur, but I hope she'll only see that precious face and forgive me. Because that is a darn cute face of a girl who LOVES the water!

If this handsome guy isn't the Official Face of Summer, I don't know what is. Pure unadulterated joy right here.


Or maybe THIS is the Official Face of Summer. Not so much "joy"- rather a silent plea for school to miraculously start early. Nah, we're just getting started!
If you know my family, you know one member is conspicuously missing from this tribute. I'll be writing a vignette on him shortly. You'll see why he deserves his own post.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!