Sunday, June 22, 2008

Randomocity

This post is just some random stuff I've got on my mind. I can't promise that it will be intriguing, witty, or even particularly interesting. OK, that sentence sounds as though I think my other posts are all those things. I don't, just so you know. So maybe I should just say this is a post and leave it at that. Enough rambling...

~ Our house is officially on the market. Well, I don't know if it's official until our realtor puts the sign in the yard, the lockbox on the door, and pictures of our house on the internet, all of which is supposed to be happening tomorrow. But we did officially sign a contract agreeing to list it. Now we're just trying to get it ready to show, which is a 6 month project we're trying to squish into one weekend. Seriously, though, our "curb appeal" hasn't been this great since the very day we moved into this house almost 5 years ago. Keeping us here for 5 yrs. was truly one of God's divine jokes. There is no other reasonable explanation. Anyway, getting, and keeping, the house ready for unannounced visitors at anytime of day or evening should be a blast. And by "blast" I mean the very last thing I want to be doing with my time all summer long with 3 children who, by their nature, demand considerable attention. I have no preconceived notions that I won't be running around like (more of) a woman crazed while shoving stray items under beds and hiding dirty dishes in cabinets just to make the place looks presentable 5 minutes before strangers appear on my doorstep.

~ We happen to be a Mac family 'round here and Jason loaded iLife '08 on my computer yesterday. In addition to keeping the house clean, I need to find time to catalog all 3,000 photos I've uploaded into iPhoto over the last 6 years or so into "events" which should bring a small semblance of order to my unprinted digital photos. And I should probably think about printing some of them.

~ Rather than blogging right now, I should be figuring out what I can make for dinner tonight. I still have to go to the store-who-must-not-be-named for groceries and it's already after 5:00. We've been gone for a week and pretty much only have stale chips, cream of chicken soup, and flour in the pantry. The most important requirements tonight are that it be a quick and simple meal, or we won't be eating until dark:30, and in the summer that's probably too late for the children to be eating. I feel fairly certain I'll have a meltdown (or 10) on my hands if I don't get down to the business of dinner pretty soon. And that's not even counting the fits from the fussy hungry children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!