Sunday, June 15, 2008

How old will you be in heaven?

I've mentioned before that I try to spend a few minutes with each boy individually at bedtime. Tonight, as I was talking with Micah, after the obligatory superhero information he always wants to discuss, he posed the question, "How old will you be in heaven?" I believe he meant the "general you" rather than asking about me specifically.

In response, I answered how every parent does when they don't know the answer (or when the answer is too theologically complicated to explain to a 5 yr. old)- I turned the question back to him. I said "What do you think?" He thought for a moment and replied, "I know you for sure won't be a baby because babies can't do anything. But maybe you'll be a kid. Or a young adult. like you." [Bless you my innocent offspring!!! Here he used the "specific you," because obviously he meant young like ME. And if you've read my blog at all, you know I have this 3rd decade crisis going on. So my heart leapt a little with the pleasant thought that someone still thinks I'm young.) But then he continued...

"Or you might be young like the young David on Americal Idol."

Good grief, this child never forgets anything. And that's the answer he finally settled on. In heaven, according to Micah, we'll all be our 16 yrs. old selves again.

Let's all join together now and pray that isn't true, because I'll be honest- that sounds a LOT more like hell to me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I DO NOT want to be 16 again! Don't you love it though when your kids start asking questions like that?!?

    ReplyDelete

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!