Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snippets

Sadly, I don't have a yarn to spin into a tale that sends you sweetly (or running and crying) off to dreamland this evening, so I'm just going to share some snippets, hence my ever-so-clever post title.

I'm on Day Three of my low-cal eating plan and workout regimen. Which is to say, I'm starving and tired. And ever-so-pleasant, I assure you. I'm trying to stay between 1200-1500 calories a day, and I've been exercising each evening IN THE PRIVACY OF MY OWN HOME. You're welcome.

And right now I'm incredibly cozy. I took a hot shower after my workout tonight. If I may overshare for a moment, since this is my blog and all, I admit I don't always do that. Sometimes, I just change into fresh clothes, but tonight the workout sweat film was too overwhelming, so I showered AND washed my hair. Now, most normal people, after showering in the evening, would probably take a pass on the morning shower, but thanks to my fine stringy hair and the lack of miracle product that can reproduce that "fresh-out-of-the-shower feeling" I'll still be scraping myself out of bed in the AM to shower again.

But anyway, I'm feeling squeaky clean and warm in my PJs, wrapped in a blanket, catching up on the 2nd hour of AI this week.

Wait, I hear a phone call...

RING, RING!
"Hello?"
"Hi, Ryan Seacrest? This is a lumber jack. I want my flannel back."

By the way, I'm wondering how much EMPHASIS Ryan can put in the word "THIS" and "MER" (as in THIS is a-MER-ican Idol) before he gives himself a brain hemorrhage. I'm truly concerned for his health and well-being. And sense of style.

I tell ya, All the Reality is killing me and my DVR lately! What, with 2 HOURS of The Bachelor on Monday and then THREE HOURS (this week) of AI (um, AI producers- ever heard of overkill?), I'm so far behind on watching everything else I may as well just wait until everything is being replayed in summer reruns.

Originally, I had no intention of getting sucked into the trainwreck that is The Bachelor, with each rose ceremony more DRAMATIC than the last. How many times can Chris Harrison say that? But after the 1st episode, I felt so helplessly left out of all the water cooler convos that I set my DVR to record and I haven't been disappointed yet. I don't have much to add to the bloggy world reviews and recaps of TB, but I would like to.... Oh, I hear the phone again...

RING RING!
"Hello?"
"Hi, is this Shannon the Stalker from Season 82 of The Bachelor? This is your grandma, I want my doily back."

So my point was, with all the terrible singing and dramatic rose ceremonies, I've got hours of DVR'ed shows to catch up on. That is all. Profound, huh?

As I'm now onto a Grey's Anatomy episode dated 1/8/09, I'm going to sign off now. And I'll leave you with a small life lesson: Never EVER EVER admit on public television to millions of viewers that you plan to french kiss your dogs, no matter how electric your toothbrush is.

Nighty-night!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! I have managed to stay away from reality tv, but I feel your pain. I haven't seen a single episode of Grey's this season, and I'm so jonesing for it.

    Congrats on your workouts. The first five or six days on lower calorie stuff is really hard, but (for me at least) it got easier after awhile. Good luck with it.

    And thanks so much for stopping by my blog yesterday on my featured SITS day. I had so much fun and am still wading through wonderful comments. I hope you enjoyed yourself and that you come back to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you on the "must-shower-in-the-morning-or-my-hair-looks-like-cr@p" thing. I envy my friends with thick, luxurious hair that only have to wash it every other day or so. And thanks to my short coif, there is no pony tail/ball cap back-up for bad hair days.

    Haven't been sucked in by The Bachelor. Don't like the message it sends to my daughters about throwing yourself at a man. (But I know they secretly watch it at my mother-in-law's house)

    As for AI, I stand "Guilty, as charged".

    Hang in there with the diet & exercise thing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!