Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pressure-blogging

I LOVE to read other people's blogs. There's an entire universe of perspective that I can only access through the internet. I even have google acount dedicated to keeping me up-to-date on a bunch of people's lives, opinions, and ideas, some of whom I know personally and some of whom I will probably never meet in this lifetime. They make me laugh and cry and think.

Since I've started blogging, I've noticed that several of the blogs I read are becoming much more "blogosphere savvy." I didn't even know there was a "right" way to blog, but apparently there are CONFERENCES you can go to for this sort of thing, y'all!

And a lot of the advice out there is all about giving one's blog an "identity." As if I don't have enough problems with my own identity, now I've created this techno-being blog that takes on a life of its own and it has to be identifiable, too? Whew. That's too much pressure. And if there's one area of my life where I don't want any extra stress, it's blogging for sure.

There are lots of mommybloggers and photobloggers and foodbloggers and scrappingbloggers and politicalbloggers and inspirationalbloggers on and on and on. And I have come to terms with the fact that I am not, and never will be, one of those. Come to terms with me people. Acceptance is like the 4th stage of grieving, right? I'm just a "me"blogger. "Hey, you know what? It is what it is." (Thanks, Paula Abdul, for such inspirational words of wisdom).

3 comments:

  1. Amanda, you are in need of Google Reader. Maybe that's the "google account" you mentioned? If not, I HIGHLY recommend it. I've been using mine for over 2 years now and literally, it has changed the way I use the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a "me" blogger too. I just write to my main audience- the grandparents of these kids I'm raising. Friends and other family reading is a bonus. Blogging is just so great when you don't get to see or talk to your family that often. I know my dad- who has yet to leave a comment- will occasionally ask, "How come you haven't updated in a while??" That's what gets me back on the computer. So, I like your "me" blog because although I'm sure you could channel your blog to focus on one arena, I would rather just hear about what's going on in your fantastic world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I love reading your blog because it helps us keep up with our wonderful nephews and niece that we seldom see since we live so far apart :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!