Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's been a day of ups and downs

By the end of this post, I hope my ones of readers can truly grasp the enormity of the fact that a series of events from my afternoon have just rescued all of you from being subjected to The Most Boring Blog Post Ever.

And, after reading this, when you find yourself asking how my semi-regular blithering about the goings-on of my life could possibly be more insipid and you're begging to regain those wasted 38 seconds of your life, just take my word for it.

It can. And I'm sorry, but you can't.

If you follow me on Twitter, then you are already aware of my rise to radio talk show stardom. It started last night when my husband asked, "What would Dave Ramsey say?" And my reply was, "I'll ask him tomorrow." So at 2:42 PM CST I got through to his phone screener.

She listened to half my story, cut me off and told me she would put me on the air, but warned me to be brief and to the point.

Obviously, she doesn't read my blog.

At approximately 3:10, I got to speak to The One, The Only, Dave Ramsey. If you aren't a Dave Ramsey follower, shame on you. And what are you waiting for?

If you subscribe to his podcast, I'm Amanda In Dallas, near the top of the 3rd hour from today. Only, I don't really live in Dallas. I just listen on the Dallas affiliate. And at some point during our heart-to-heart, Dave gets confused and thinks I called from California.

I don't like to gloat, but let's just say Dave was on my side of the discussion that started the whole "I'm going to call Dave" situation.

However, a few hours later, the circumstances surrounding my phone call to Dave, who is my new BFF by the way, became moot when our realtor called and said a buyer accepted our counter-offer on the house!

Which, for sellers whose home has been on the market for 11 months AND who are facing the prospect of paying mortgage AND rent because our renters are moving soon, this was the most fabulous news we could have received today.

Except for being the recipients of an unexpected windfall. That would have topped the contract on the house.

My mom (who isn't superstitious. Just a little stitious) says things happen in threes, so I was definitely expecting some other form of awesomeness to present itself to me this evening.

But then I left to go to the store and forgot that I was wearing black crocs with my work clothes. I put them on when I got home because they were way more comfy than the heels I wore all day. Not only did they not match my outfit, my pants cuff dragged the ground.

I decided it was really not going to be a problem because I was just going to The Store and figured I would fit in just fine in my work clothes with ridiculously casual shoes.

Plus, I was buying Totinos. To celebrate.

[Sidenote: There was a time when a college student would not have to starve because no matter what happened, she could always scrape up enough change to equal just under a buck to purchase a Totinos. Which makes a rather filling meal for under a buck. Or she could halve it with a friend for only fiftyish cents each. Totinos have gone up $o.14 since my own college days. And I bet college students everywhere are starving because of it. Where do the manufacturers think that extra $0.14 is going to come from when the couch cushion wells run dry?]

I got home and popped our nutritious dinner into the oven. Then I managed to let the crust burn. If there's anything worse than Totino's, it's Totino's with burned crust.

As a special reward/comfort to myself, this evening I fully intend to curl up with a Warm Delight and catch up on the 2 hour premiere of The Bachelorette followed by tonight's final AI performances clean my house. It's in a bit of disarray since J. and I have been enjoying mini-marathons of Medium the last couple of evenings.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm totally watching TV. The house will still be here tomorrow, in all it's filthy glory. My DVR, on the other hand, tends to revolt when it gets too full of unwatched TV shows.

And the last thing I need is a revolting DVR.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house sale! Burned anything is pretty much no good - hope he warm brownie made up for it :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the sale!! That's great news! :)

    Thanks for the giggles when i read that your mother was only "a little stitious." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now that's an exciting day!

    I too love Totinos. My husband thinks they are gross but I attribute my affection for them as the only reason I cannot stomach any other type of pizza, including Pizza Hut, Domino's, or Papa John's.

    And, I'm not really a Dave Ramsey FAN but I do enjoy listening to him. I'm not completely on board with the whole "NO CREDIT CARDS" thing. I have two Credit cards and I pay them in full every single month. AND I paid for my plane tickets to Florida with my reward points.

    So nee-ner-nee-ner Dave Ramsey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once in a while when my hubby is out of town...I buy a Totinos and eat the entire thing by myself. Oh the memories it brings back!

    That is awesome that you were on Dave's show and you were right AND you are BFF's! And the sale of the house is great too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!