Thursday, May 8, 2008

At My Age

Back in October I celebrated the 2nd anniversary of my 28th birthday. I'll be honest- I was not thrilled about entering a new decade. It's like once you turn 28 for the 3rd time everything starts going downhill. It's harder to lose weight, you have to worry about things like cardiovascular health and osteoporosis, and everything starts heading south, if you catch my drift. And you start eating dinner at 4:00 pm. Not quite what I had in mind.

To add insult to injury, I had a doctor use the phrase "at your age" to me today. I went to the dermatologist to have a bump checked out on my face. This bump came up a year or so ago, but it's started bothering me lately, so I decided to put my mind at ease and see someone about it. The doctor informed me that it was probably just a mole, even though "at [my] age" people don't usually get moles anymore. She removed it anyway, just in case.

So there is a redeeming quality to being 28+2 after all- I shouldn't be getting any more moles. Not that this has been a particularly concerning issue for me anyway, but hey, I'll takes 'em where I gets 'em.

On the other hand, to add to my list of loathesome qualities of being in my 3rd decade: people start using the phrase "at your age." It's demoralizing and it puts me in a very bad mood. Since the boys aren't home and Missy was at school, I decided to come home and take a long nap to recover from my face surgery and the emotional beating of being reminded of my advanced age. OK, maybe that's exaggerating a little, but that's how I will choose to remember it! At my age, a nice nap helps me make it through 4:00 dinner without falling asleep into my soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!