Friday, May 9, 2008

Out of sorts...

I'm feeling so out of sorts today. Listless. Restless. Bored, maybe? I don't think it's boredom- I certainly have a plethora of mundane household chores that could keep me busy. I just don't feel like doing any of them.

Maybe it's some strange form of "homesickness" for the boys. Even though I'm actually the one at home and they aren't. Or maybe not. Things have definitely slowed down over the last few days and I'm just not sure what to do with myself. It's a welcome break, but I'm just not feeling it today.

I'm bored with surfing the internet (gasp!). I don't have any good books to read. I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns yesterday and I'm waiting on a couple more to come from Paperback Swap (by the way, I highly recommend that site if you like to read and don't want to spend a fortune on books. Sure, the library is free, but our crappy little town never has the books I want to read). I tried to take a nap, but I'm not really tired. I don't even feel like going out for a little retail therapy (double gasp!!). I need to make a baby shower gift for a friend's shower next week and don't even feel like exerting the effort on that.

I may go somewhere with a friend tonight, if I can come up with something I feel like doing.

If anyone reading has a good suggestion for getting out of a funk (which I'm guessing will involve waaay less self-involvement than my current state of being, and rightfully so) please feel free to leave me a comment or email me. Until then, I'll be at my house, wandering around aimlessly, feeling blah. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. There is all that laundry to do. And this family does not buy into retail therapy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard one of your amazing friends came to the rescue. My guess is you had a rousing evening buying ribbon, being patronized by a waitress, wandering around "The Bulls Eye," and eating your fave BR ice cream. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!