Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm Busy! Busy! Dreadfully Busy!

Much much too busy for yooooouuu!

Sing with me. It's Veggie Tales. Their rip-off of the good samaritan.

But seriously, I did almost all of my Christmas shopping on Black Friday. Our Christmas tree was bought and decorated the Sunday eve immediately following BF. I had visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. Or maybe that was the effects of the eggnog.

Whatever it was, I truly envisioned my little family snuggling in the big chair or on the couch each evening of this ADVENT season watching Christmas classics (like the Miser Brothers? Wait just a cotton-pickin' minute. Who the heck are the Miser Brothers and what do they have to do with Christmas? And what is UP with that jacked up Rudolph story with the hippo queen with the bad accent and the dentist elf? Somebody was on some serious crack when they animated that story. Anyway...) on TV and drinking hot cocoa. Maybe with a little adult flavoring added to mine.

I seriously thought I had everything under control and the season was going to be a slow-paced relaxing one where we drank up every blessed minute spent together in peace and harmony.

Yeah right. Moments later my dreams were smashed with the same reality that Simon crushes people's dreams on American Idol. Let's face it- some of those people are delusional. Apparently I was too.

I feel like we have been going non-stop the last 11 days. We had friends in from out of town unexpectedly (although it was delightful!), we went to Piper's and Cade's school program, we went to Jason's brother's graduation, we went to Micah's school program, we had some friends over for dinner 2 separate evenings. PLUS, I voluntarily, um, volunteered (allow myself to introduce...myself) to bake brownies for Micah's program, cookies for Cade's party, cupcakes for Piper's, and fruit and cheese for Micah's (the last thing I almost forgot until JUST NOW. And it's for tomorrow). P.L.U.S. I still have gifts to wrap for this weekend when we have Christmas at my mother-in-law's house AND pack. I'm freakin' going insane!!

My mantra is that, technically, the hustle and bustle will be over with by Sunday. Which leaves me with 3 glorious days to enjoy Advent/Christmas. Basically, 3 1/2 weeks of Christmas bliss have been whittled down to 3 days. But, hey, at this point, I suppose I'll take what I can get.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, But this weekend with all the kids will be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'The Miser Brothers' - seriously, of ALL the christmas specials to re-make, abc family has to pick one of the most obscure and totally useless ones, then DO IT AGAIN.
    'A Year Without Santa Claus' was bad enough. We don't need 'The Miser Brothers'.

    Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!