Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Favorite Things- Day 2

Clearly "follow-through" is not a strong point of mine.  That was part of the reason that I hesitated to start a "blog series" that would require me to actually blog about something everyday.  Were I to attempt to list all the things in my life that I need to do on a daily basis but don't, now THAT would be enough blog fodder for 10 years.  I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me?  

So here I am, 4 days into my commitment to My Favorite Things, and I'm only on Day 2.  Ah well, let's just all remember that saying about the road to hell and then we can move on, shall we?

As a child, I remember my mom making coffee for herself every morning.  She would usually down 2-3 cups of the bitter black liquid before we left the house in the morning and she rarely got in the car each morning without a fresh cup.  My dad is a coffee drinker, too.  I come from a long line of coffee drinkers and, while I like the idea of coffee, I still can't stand the strong flavor of plain black coffee.  Until the day I was introduced to the delicious creaminess that is coffee creamer...
That's why my 2nd favorite thing is International Delights Hazelnut Creamer.  Now I LOVE coffee!  Actually, I prefer to add a little coffee to my cream, but that's beside the point.  I will tolerate coffee with plain non-flavored cream and lots of sweetener if I'm really desperate for caffeine or to be polite at a friend's house during the after-dinner conversation, but the hazelnut really floats my boat.  

Jason isn't as big a fan of the creamer as I am, but when he adds it to his drink, he prefers the International Delights Southern Butter Pecan.  That flavor is tasty, but nothing can quite beat out hazelnut in my #1 spot.  When we are really feeling crazy, we'll try one of the "holiday" flavors like Pumpkin Spice of Gingerbread, but I always come home to me creamy dreamy hazelnut.  YUM!





   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!