I've never been very good at introspection and reflection. When you combine my weaknesses in those areas with my complete lack of insight and my terribly deficient memory, well, I guess I should be thankful I have a blog through which I have chronicled my last year with mediocrity and inadequacy.
It's better than nothing, right?
So here are what I consider my Top Ten Blog Moments of 2009.
1) I started the year with a blog name change. However, I never got a cool banner.
2) I talked about American Idol and The Bachelor a lot.
3) In February, we survived some bad weather.
4) I single-handedly solved the problem of how to deal with terrorists. Haven't heard anything from the government yet, though.
5) Here, I rambled a bit. And Missy's room never got painted. Goals- I achieve them!
6) I got to talk to Dave Ramsey on his radio show!
7) The boys played T-ball over the summer while I cursed the myself for such a crappy idea.
8) Jason busted a shop lifter Chuck Norris style. Sort of.
9) Cade had his gorgeous hair lopped off. And I cried.
10) And the culmination of my bloggy existence was meeting The Pioneer Woman in Austin. And then having HER LINK TO MY BLOG FROM HER BLOG. It was truly the highlight of my blogging year.
I'm generally not one for goals and aspirations because I seriously have enough arbitrary internal pressure in my life. But I do have a few improvements I'd like to make to the ole blog, which I plan to outline tomorrow if I can possibly tear myself away from all the cleaning and organizing I plan to do, so stay tuned!
And no, I will not be starting a food blog, so please stop begging.
Happy New Year!!