Monday, February 9, 2009

I may end up with my name on a line of linens at the discount store

This blog is all about honesty, y'all and I have to be honest- I'm on my way to becoming Martha Stewart! Without all the legal infractions, of course.

It may be a teeny bit of a stretch to claim to be achieving the domestic godessness of Marty (that's what I call her- we're BFFs) because I still don't know how to zest a lemon or fold a fitted sheet properly.

But this weekend? I roasted a chicken in the crockpot and then used the bones to make HOMEMADE CHICKEN STOCK. After that, since the crockpot and I were getting to be so buddy-buddy and sharing all our deepest secrets with one another, I used my crockpot again to make HOMEMADE APPLESAUCE. And it was DELISH!

But then J. said "Depart foul spirit of Martha Stewart, in the name of Jay-eee-zuhs!" and I was exorcised right then and there. Because after the chicken stock and the applesuce experiment, I caught up on DVR'ed shows and then went to bed, leaving the kitchen in shambles, 5 or 6 (maybe more!) loads of clean laundry unfolded and innumerable other chores unaccomplished.

Domesticity is exhausting.

4 comments:

  1. how do you made applesauce in the crock pot? do tell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. For whatever reason - I am always on my CSS blogger profile when I comment on you. It is really just me - Holly at I Heart Bowheads :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Penny & @ CS- Homemade applesauce in the crockpot equals simplicity! I cored, peeled and cubed/chopped 8 apples. I used pink lady apples b/c I got a bunch of them for cheap, but they were a bit too tart for my angels and I didn't want to waste them. Put them in the crockpot with 1/2 c. water, 1/2 c. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. I cooked on high for about 2 hours, but my crockpot usually cooks faster than any recipe (this one called for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 on low). Then I poured it all in a bowl and blended it with my hand blender. It was perfect! Go make some!

    ReplyDelete

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!