Sunday, February 15, 2009

Who says romance is dead?

If I'm being honest, Valentine's Day is just not a huge holiday around our house. If my memory serves me correctly, and that's a BIG "if," we do cards and the usual stuff, but we don't really go all out.

There are more ambitious mothers than I who go all out for their families on Valentine's Day, but we're more the type, at least at this point in our lives, who just say "Happy Valentine's Day!" to one another and move on.

But yesterday, Jason surprised me! He was a little late getting home from work and I got a little upset because I was supposed to meet a lady who wanted to buy some toys from me that I had posted on Craigslist.

Well, he really put me to shame when he walked in the door with this:

It's a programmable crockpot!!

8 years later and we've STILL got it.

4 comments:

  1. We too don't make a big deal about Valentine's day but it is nice when we get a surprise! Can't wait to hear what you make in your new programmable Crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't do too much for Valentines either. I was making some quick gifts last minute for little friends, but that's about it.

    What a wonderful gift to receive! I bet he'll be very happy too when you make yummy food in this new gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! we aren't huge valentiners either. in fact, this year i didn't even get a card from john. i made him one though. i have just found love with my crockpot, so a programmable crockpot would be a great gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I let out a snork when I scrolled down and saw the picture. Oh boy. Yah....STILL GOT IT :).

    ReplyDelete

Comments help prove my worth. Leave me some love, because I'm worth it!